Recipe from Eat Yourself SkinnyIngredients:
- 1 13.25 oz. box of pasta (I like Dreamfields Penna Rigate)
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 Tbsp. all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated low-fat Parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil over medium-low heat in a medium saucepan. Add garlic and saute until golden brown.
- In a small saucepan, stir together milk, chicken broth, 3 Tbsp. flour, salt, and pepper over low heat until thickened up. Stir into garlic. Continue to cook over medium-low heat, stirring frequently until the sauce is thick.
- Add the last Tbsp. of flour for additional thickness and stir in with Parmesan cheese.
- When sauce is to the desired thickness (remember it will get thicker as it cools), pour over pasta noodles.
I was very surprised at how much flavor was present for how healthy this meal really was. Hope you enjoy it just as much as I did!