I just recently discovered the joy that is roasted garlic. I used it in this Roasted Garlic Parmesan Hummus and loved it so much! That was the first time I had ever learned how to roast garlic, so I thought maybe somebody out there would like to learn too. Hence, the How to Roast Garlic recipe post today. #yourewelcome
I guess, if nothing else, at least your house will smell amazingly delicious. Because who doesn’t love the smell of garlic? *Haha!* Just kidding. I can count about a billion people that don’t. It’s not always the most pleasant smell in the world, like when it’s on someone’s breath, for example. But, in the context of food and cooking? I can hardly think of a better smell.
It’s amazing how easy this recipe is to put together, too. Just wrap it up in some tin foil and you’re golden. Kind of like our Tin Foil Dinners or Santa Fe Chicken Foil Dinners. Tin foil is just the best. Stay tuned for another tin foil recipe next week! In the meantime, enjoy learning how to roast garlic and be sure to refer to the recipes below for ideas on how to use it!
How to Roast Garlic
- 1 head of garlic
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Cut the top of the head of garlic off and place on an 8x8 inch piece of foil.
- Drizzle the olive oil all over the garlic and inside as well. Top with salt and pepper.
- Wrap the garlic up tightly in the foil and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until completely tender.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Squeeze the cloves out of the garlic head and use in your favorite recipes.
You might also like: