This recipe may not be as quick as Kraft mac n' cheese, but it's still just as easy! It has become a family favorite here at our house and we love making it any chance we get. (Recipe adapted from A Whisk and A Prayer.)
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 (12 oz.) can evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted and cooled to room temp.
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 cups shredded Italian blend cheese
- 1/2 pound elbow macaroni
- Black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Grease the inside of your slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Combine milk, evaporated milk, butter, eggs, and salt in crockpot and whisk until smooth.
- Add the Italian cheese and macaroni and sprinkle with pepper to taste - stir gently to coat evenly.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on top.
- Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, reduce the temperature to low and cook for 1.5-2 hours, until center does not jiggle and pasta is tender.
- Place this cheesy goodness in a bowl and eat like you've never eaten before.
Be sure not to overcook it because it dries out quickly. It may taking making it a time or two, just to get familiar with it, until you know what you like best. Hope you like it!
Linking up here.