Crockpot Mac N’ Cheese

Is there anything more homey than macaroni and cheese? I don’t think I know a single person that hasn’t tasted it at least once in their life – especially the Kraft mac n’ cheese. I remember threading the noodles onto each prong of my fork and eating it triumphantly. It sure took a long time to get through my bowl, but boy was it fun!

This recipe may not be as quick as Kraft mac n’ cheese, but it’s still just as easy! It has become a family favorite here at our house and we love making it any chance we get. (Recipe adapted from A Whisk and A Prayer.)

Ingredients:

• 1-1/2 cups milk
  • 1 (12 oz.) can evaporated milk
  • 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted and cooled to room temp.
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 3 cups shredded Italian blend cheese
  • 1/2 pound elbow macaroni
  • Black pepper
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Directions:
  1. Grease the inside of your slow cooker with cooking spray.
  2. Combine milk, evaporated milk, butter, eggs, and salt in crockpot and whisk until smooth.
  3. Add the Italian cheese and macaroni and sprinkle with pepper to taste – stir gently to coat evenly.
  4. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on top.
  5. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes.
  6. After 30 minutes, reduce the temperature to low and cook for 1.5-2 hours, until center does not jiggle and pasta is tender.
  7. Place this cheesy goodness in a bowl and eat like you’ve never eaten before.
Be sure not to overcook it because it dries out quickly. It may taking making it a time or two, just to get familiar with it, until you know what you like best. Hope you like it!
-Sarah
Linking up here.

Comments

1. says

I’ve been a little nervous to try a recipe like this because my experience with pasta and a crockpot is a little mushy . . . any suggestions on how to avoid this?

2. says

Sarah! I made this last night! And for my husband who doesn’t like leftovers took some to work for lunch today! Thank you! It was yummy!

3. says

Woohoo!! Follower #301!! This recipe looks sooooo tasty and I have zero doubts my boys will gobble it up! Pinning now! Thanks for sharing, I will definitely give it a try! I hope you have a great weekend!

~Jen @ YummyHealthyEasy.blogspot.com

4. says

What a great idea! Love using my crock pot and we love mac and cheese! Will be sharing this on my Walking on Sunshine Facebook page in a few! Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday! Please come back to VOTE on Sunday!

5. says

Yum! My family loves mac and cheese. We only have it around the holidays though. Next time I make some I’ll try your crock pot recipe. Thanks for sharing.

6. says

Looks delicious! I haven’t had any luck yet with a good crockpot mac & cheese recipe, but I’ll definitely be trying this one out.

Stopping by from the Feed me Friday blog hop. Love your blog!