This Sweet Corn Bread is the perfect side dish for your favorite meal! It is super moist and has a nice hint of sweetness to it. I haven’t met a person that doesn’t like it!
As a kid, I hated corn bread. I thought corn bread and sourdough bread were an abomination. While I still haven’t fully grown out of my dislike for sourdough, the exact opposite is true for this sweet corn bread. I love it now! Give me a piece of warm, freshly made corn bread, with a slab of butter on top and I am perfectly content.
How can I make this sweet corn bread into sweet cornbread muffins?
If you are wondering how you can make this recipe into sweet cornbread muffins, feel free to visit this Sweet Cornbread Muffins post! I shook things up and I don’t whip the egg whites. A lot of people have told me that they notice a difference when they whip them versus when they don’t, so test them both out for yourself to find out which way you like best. Either way, this sweet corn bread is so amazing and won’t let you down!
Can I freeze this sweet corn bread?
Yes, you can! Let it cool completely before freezing and store it in a freezer storage bag. It is good in the freezer for up to two months. Let it thaw on the counter before reheating in the microwave. Place a mug of water in the microwave while heating it to keep it extra moist.
Sweet Corn Bread
- 4 eggs yolks and whites separated
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup butter, melted I use salted}
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a medium-size bowl, combine egg yolks, milk, vanilla, and melted butter and stir.
- Add the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Stir until fully combined, but do not over mix.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Carefully fold them into the batter.
- Pour batter into a greased 9x13 inch pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
If you liked this Sweet Corn Bread recipe, you might also like these recipes: