- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, mined
- 1/2 tsp. chipotle chile powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained
- 1 (15 oz) can kidney beans, drained
- 3 Tbsp. salsa
- 6-8 flour tortillas (Or for the calorie-conscious folks, use lettuce leaves and make them into lettuce wraps - one of our personal favs.)
- Optional toppings: cheese, tomato, lettuce, green onions, sour cream (and anything else you might like on your burrito)
- Heat oil in a large, nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook one minute, stirring frequently.
- Stir in chile powder and salt - cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Stir in water and beans - bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in salsa.
- Partially mash beans with a fork.
- Warm tortillas according to package directions.
- Spoon bean mixture into the center of each tortilla and top with your favorite toppings - roll up and enjoy.
I like making this for guests because 1 - it's delicious and 2 - it satisfies those who might even be vegetarian. That's a win-win situation in my book!
Linking up here.