Welcome to Man Monday.
Sweet and Spicy Sweet Potato Wedges
Recipe from Food Network
Makes about 16 wedges
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or as desired)
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat your gill to medium high heat. While it’s heating up, make sure to oil the grates. If you wait too long, the temperature of the grill would shame a nuclear explosion, and oiling the grates will become especially irritating. *Zach inspects the hairs on his hands to see if they’ve grown back yet.*
- Add the sweet potatoes to a pot of cold water. Add half your salt, stir, and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and let simmer approximately 25-30 minutes, or until they are nice and soft, but not obliterated enough to make mashed potatoes. Yes, those are scientific terms.
- Meanwhile, combine the sugar, cayenne pepper, black pepper cinnamon, and cloves together in a small bowl; set aside.
- Transfer the sweet potatoes to a bowl of cold water. Once cool, drain and peel.
- Cut the potatoes lengthwise into wedges, about 8 per potato.
- Coat the potatoes with your olive oil by turning them over in a large bowl with the oil added. Add the sugar, spice, and everything nice (the bowl of ingredients), and coat evenly.
- Cook the wedges on your preheated grill for 3 to 4 minutes per side.