Today we have a yummy dinner recipe from my friend Danelle. Be sure to give her some High Heels and Grills love!
Hi, I’m Danelle and I blog over at Let’s Dish! I’m so excited to be guest posting for Sarah today. I met Sarah and her cute family recently when they moved into the neighborhood across the road from me. I love all of the people I meet online through blogging, but it’s so much fun having another real live food blogger close by!
I have a quick and easy weeknight dinner recipe for you today: Philly Cheese Steak Sloppy Joes. These sloppy joe sandwiches are a real crowd pleaser. My family devoured them and my husband–both a Philly cheese steak and a sloppy joe fan–asked if I’d be putting them on the menu again soon. You can’t beat an easy meal that everyone loves!
Philly Cheese Steak Sloppy Joes
Makes 6 Sloppy Joes
Adapted from: Six Sisters Stuff
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup steak sauce
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon Montreal steak seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 hamburger buns
- 6 slices provolone cheeseDirections:
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the ground beef until no longer pink.
- Add the onion, garlic, pepper and mushrooms and cook until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the beef broth, steak sauce and steak seasoning.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook for a few more minutes, until mixture begins to bubble.
- Preheat broiler.
- Place buns an a large baking sheet.
- Spoon a generous amount of filling onto each bottom bun and top with a slice of cheese.
- Broil until cheese is melted and buns are golden brown.
- Drizzle with additional steak sauce, if desired.