This post is sponsored by Philadelphia Cream Cheese, but all thoughts and opinions are mine.
These Mini Chocolate Orange Cheesecakes are the perfect blend of one of your favorite holiday treats. They have a buttery graham-cracker crust and chocolate and orange layers, and are topped with melted chocolate.
Raise your hand if you get a chocolate orange in your stocking every year for Christmas! We did for my entire childhood, and you better believe it happens in mine and Zach’s house now. Even if I have to search at four different stores for one. No, that didn’t happen last year. I don’t know what you’re talking about…
Anyway, these smooth and creamy Mini Chocolate Orange Cheesecakes capture that chocolate-orange flavor perfectly. Of course, it wouldn’t be very smooth or creamy if it weren’t for Philadelphia Cream Cheese. No, I’m totally serious. I don’t think I’ve ever used an off-brand cream cheese to make something and not have it come out lumpy. I can use Philadelphia Cream Cheese (still cold, might I add!) and it will come out creamy every time! Nothing else can even compare to its taste and texture. It’s probably because it’s made from all the good stuff—real milk and cream—and leaves out all the bad stuff, like preservatives. I don’t know the last time I used cream cheese other than Philadelphia Cream Cheese, and it probably won’t happen anytime soon either.
You’re definitely going to want to make these babies for your Christmas parties this year. They are ridiculously easy to make, but seem all kinds of fancy. I haven’t met a person yet who doesn’t love them!
Mini Chocolate Orange Cheesecakes
- 1 cup graham-cracker crumbs about 1 package
- ¼ cup salted butter melted
- 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 16 oz. 2 packages Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 tsp. orange extract
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 ¼ cups chocolate chips divided
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 275°F. In a medium bowl, combine the graham-cracker crumbs, butter, and sugar. Mix well.
- Place cupcake liners in a regular-sized muffin tin and spoon 1 tbsp. of crumb mixture into each liner and press down firmly.
- With an electric or stand mixer, whip the Philadelphia Cream Cheese until smooth, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add the sugar, and mix well. Add in the orange extract and eggs, and mix until just combined. Add the sour cream, and incorporate completely.
- Melt ¾ cup chocolate chips in the microwave for 45 seconds. Stir well, and heat in 10-second increments until fully melted.
- Fold 1 cup of the cheesecake mixture into the melted chocolate, and mix completely.
- Spoon about 1 tbsp. of chocolate cheesecake mixture on top of the graham-cracker crust, and smooth over. Repeat with the rest of the crusts.
- Add the orange zest to the cheesecake mixture that is still in the bowl, and mix well. Spoon about 1 tbsp. of this mixture over the chocolate mixture, and smooth over.
- Bake for 30 minutes and let cool to room temperature on a cooling rack.
- Meanwhile, place the remaining ½ cup chocolate chips in a medium-sized bowl.
- In a small saucepan, heat the heavy cream over medium heat and bring to a simmer. (Don't boil!)
- Pour the cream over the chocolate chips and let sit for 3 minutes before stirring, and then mix until completely smooth. Drizzle the chocolate over the cheesecakes. Place cheesecakes in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours before serving.
Thanks to Philadelphia Cream Cheese for allowing me to partner with them to come up with some fun and delicious recipes! I had a blast. Do you have any favorite holiday recipes using Philadelphia Cream Cheese? I’d love to hear your favorites in the comments below. For some additional inspiration, click here.