- 8-10 cups of finely shredded cabbage
- 1/4 c. shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (Definitely NOT miracle whip. That's an abomination.)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2-1/2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1-1/2 Tbsp. white vinegar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. onion salt
- In a large bowl, mix cabbage and carrots.
- In a separate bowl, combine all other ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- Pour wet mixture over the cabbage and combine well.
Brooklyn told me (and I agree) that it tastes a lot better after it has been sitting in the refrigerator for a day or so. It gives it some time for the cabbage to soak up all the delicious juices. Either way though, it still tastes fantastic!
Linking up here: Kitchen Fun With My 3 Sons, Not Your Ordinary Recipes, Simply Sweet Home, Simply Designing, It's a Hodgepodge Life, Thirty Handmade Days, Whipperberry, At the Picket Fence, Delicate Construction, Stuff and Nonsense, Happy Hour Projects, French Country Cottage, My Romantic Home, Just Winging It, Foy Update, Tater Tots and Jello, Family Ever After, Too Much Time On My Hands, Be Different Act Normal, Funky Junk Interiors, Young and Crafty, Classy Clutter, Serenity You, Polkadot Pretties, Lovely Crafty Home, KB and Whitesnakes, Gingerbread and Here.