You definitely get the best of both worlds with these - pancakes and cinnamon rolls. Mmm-mm good. Thank you Recipe Girl for sharing this recipe with us!
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 6 Tbsp. brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
Cream Cheese Glaze:
- 4Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 2 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- milk (optional)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 Tbsp. canola or vegetable oil
For the cinnamon filling:
- In a medium bowl, stir together butter, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Pour into a zip lock bag and set in the refrigerator until further use.
For the glaze:
- In a small bowl, combine butter and cream cheese, stirring until smooth and well combined.
- Stir in the powdered sugar and vanilla - incorporate well. (I found it to be somewhat stiff at this point, so I added a couple teaspoons of milk to make it feel like more of a glaze than a frosting.) Set aside.
For the pancakes:
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Whisk the milk, eggs, and oil in to dry ingredients until well combined and add to the flour mixture.
- Heat a large, non-stick skillet over medium heat and spray with cooking spray.
- Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup and add batter to the skillet, making about 4-inch pancakes.
- Retrieve cinnamon filling and massage so as to incorporate any butter that may have separated.
- Snip the corner of your baggie and squeeze filling into the open corner.
- When your pancakes begin to form bubbles, add the filling in a swirling manner.
- Cook pancakes 2-3 minutes or until they begin to turn golden-brown and then flip.
- Cook 1-2 minutes until golden brown again.
- Flip pancakes onto a plate and serve with a drizzle of glaze.
They may seem like a lot of work, but they really are well worth the reward. Enjoy!