This recipe is from Alyssa at The Recipe Critic and she made it look and sound so delicious that I just had to give it a try. She is a new food blogger like me, so be sure to go and show her some love too!
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp. shortening
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 3 c flour
- 3-1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup mashed banana (About 3)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a bread pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix sugar, shortening, and egg thoroughly.
- Stir in milk.
- In a separate bowl, blend together dry ingredients and add to mixture.
- Blend in bananas. (Make sure to do this part by hand.)
- Batter will be a little lumpy, which is just how we like it! Pour into pan.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes, using a toothpick to check center.
- Slather on some butter and enjoy this scrumptious snack!
For some added flavor, you can also add walnuts. Enjoy!