Recipe from The Recipe CriticIngredients:
Makes about 2 dozen cookies
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp. shortening
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 3 c flour
- 3-1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup mashed banana (About 3)Directions:
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and grease a bread pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix sugar, shortening, and egg thoroughly. Stir in milk.
- In a separate bowl, blend together dry ingredients and add to mixture.
- Blend in bananas. (Make sure to do this part by hand.)
- Batter will be a little lumpy, which is just how we like it! Pour into pan.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes, using a toothpick to check center.
- Slather on some butter and enjoy this scrumptious snack!
For some added flavor, you can also add walnuts. Enjoy!