There is this cute little blog that I’ve been following for a while called Love and Laundry and I absolutely adore it. Not just because of the blog, but because of the girl behind the blog. She really is adorable. You guys will love her! I’ll stop talking and let her introduce herself:
Hello High Heels and Grills readers! I’m Shatzi and I blog over at Love and Laundry. I’m a mom of three kiddos and I love cooking, sewing, crafting and definitely playing with my kids. But I don’t love laundry. That’s kind of a joke. I’m so excited to be here today! I’m one of Sarah’s biggest fans! She always amazes me with her delicious and simple recipes. Today I’m sharing with you a yummy fall recipe! Pumpkin Cream Cheese Pound Cake.
This is so delicious! My husband isn’t a huge fan of pumpkin and even he loved this velvety and moist cake. You can bake pound cake in a Bundt pan, but I like to do it in my bread pans. I love pound cake because it’s more dense and smooth than a traditional quick bread. And it’s just as easy to make.
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Pound Cake
adapted from Tasty Kitchen Blog
3 sticks of butter, softened
8 ounces of cream cheese, softened
2 cups of sugar
1 cup of packed brown sugar
1 cup of pumpkin puree
1 tablespoon of pumpkin pie spice
2 teaspoons of vanilla
3 1/4 cups of cake flour -OR- all-purpose flour
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
2. Measure flour in one bowl and crack eggs in a separate bowl.
3. Meanwhile, in a mixer, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugars. Add the pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla.
4. Alternate adding in flour and eggs, starting with the flour and ending with the flour. Do not over-mix.
5. Pour batter into a prepared Bundt pan or 2 bread pans. Bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until done. Check the cake after 1 hour and 15 minutes. After baking, allow to cool.
Thanks so much, Sarah for letting me hang out here today! If you’re looking for more yummy recipes, I share some on my blog:
You can find me on my blog, Facebook, twitter and pinterest!
See? I told you you’d love her. Thank you so much for being here today Shatzi and for sharing this yummy looking recipe with us! Be sure to go give her some love from High Heels and Grills!